Sunday, November 15, 2009

Introductions

My name is Matt.  In June of 2000, I suffered a traumatic brain injury due to a closed head injury sustained in a car accident.  I endured a drug-induced coma for 2 weeks and have since graduated from high school with honors as well as obtained my bachelors degree, gotten married, and am now a successful sales rep.  This blog is meant to give hope and offer help to other survivors of head injuries and the family and friends who are watching their loved ones suffer.  I want you all to know that a "normal" life is possible!  With hard work and support, the survivor CAN recover!  They/you may even find that life after brain-injury is more fulfilling than it was before the life-altering event.

This story is as brutally honest as I can possibly be.  Perhaps partly because I have had so many of these feelings bottled up inside for the past 9 years, and I needed to put them into to words. Due to my past transgressions and how I not only found God again, but found a greater appreciation for life, friends, and family.  I have used letters to represent most of the main characters of the story in order to protect their reputations.

If this is your first visit to my blog, please locate the "archive" on the side to view my entries from November 2009 until the present. 

God-Bless and good luck on your journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment