Thursday, December 3, 2009

My Life Changes

Fortunately, S was able to avoid the oncoming car. However, our car spun out and headed toward a galvanized steel pole near the driveway of a yard. The car hit the pole which fell on the roof of the car, where I was seated in the front seat. The sudden collapse of the roof connected with my skull. Helpless, my friends watched in horror as the car continued on toward the house. Three boulders had been placed in front of the house, probably because there had been accidents there in the past. When the car hit the boulders, it ramped up them and flipped over. Saved only by our seat belts, we all hung from them upside down.

S and B were able to unbuckle and climb out of the car. Simultaneously, they both shouted for help and frantically dialed 9-1-1 on their cell phones. As my lifeless body hung from the safety belt an engine fire had begun. At some point in time, the ambulance arrived but the paramedics would not rescue me. Since their was a fire closing in on me, they had to wait for the fire department to arrive in order to put out the fire.

Thankfully, some neighbors out at a bonfire overheard the accident and sirens. Two brothers came to my rescue, while one man's girlfriend ran to the house to dial 9-1-1 herself and get a fire extinguisher. When the men arrived, they could see that the paramedics were not able to rescue me because the scene was not safe. One of the men crawled into the car through the shattered back window, unbuckled my seat belt and pulled me out of the flaming car. We were rushed to the hospital as our families were contacted...

No comments:

Post a Comment